Since 1789 the Chiesa di Santa Maria has dominated the barren badlands of the area of Santa Maria Riopetra. The interior of the church contains a splendid 18th-century organ which has been recently restored.
The rooms of the old clergy house host the Museo Don Onofri, dedicated to Msgr. Teodoro Onofri (1909-1987), who came from the area. He was a composer, musical director, teacher and writer as well as secretary to the prominent composer of sacred music Msgr. Lorenzo Perosi (1872-1956). The museum is devoted to his historical interests, which are intimately connected with this area. Among the displayed items are musical scores, books, letters, poems, paintings and photographs.
To visit the Museum, call 328-2931105.